Wednesday 30 May 2012

Press kits

So, I've been looking at putting together press kits to, you know, get myself noticed/some kind of paid employment!

I'm going to include a cd full of images of things I've made - not the stuff I already have, not that there's ANYTHING wrong with the photography, more that the images aren't perfect due to the way the shoot had to happen. So here's my plan:

Re-shoot the garments over the summer as both a look book and some still life shots.

Hammer on the door of any and all local/free papers until somebody gives me even half a column inch and I have some kind of press.

Use my, not inconsiderate, skills at making me look better in writing than I am without lying - v handy for cv's as some of my friends will agree! - to put together a covering letter to let the press know what an awesome person they've been overlooking! This will include a couple of influences, what I've done outside college and where I'm moving forward in the future.

Carry a folder with me at all times containing the information - you never know who you are going to run into.

Then I'm going to

NETWORK NETWORK NETWORK

I'm not above cashing in on my friends contacts so if any of you reading this has any contacts/advise on the above I'll take any meetings and or criticism you want to give me!

As always MWAH MWAH!

DXX

PS you never know I might do Project Runway after my third year!

No comments:

Post a Comment